Theory : How the brain works and its implication in motor, speech and cognitive rehabilitations.
Application : Learn major NMT techniques 學習腦神經學音樂治療主要技巧
A. Sensorimotor Training 感知肌能運動技巧
- Rhythmic Auditory Stimulation (RAS) – Gait therapy with rhythm accompaniment.
- Patterned Sensory Enhancement (PSE) – The use of music to structure various movements.
- Therapeutic Instrumental Music Performance (TIMP) – Playing music instruments to simulate functional movement patterns.
B. Speech and Language Rehabilitation 言語復康技巧
- Melodic Intonation Therapy (MIT) – Melodic prompts to assist speech learning and relearning.
- Music Speech Stimulation (MUSTIM) – The use of music to stimulate speech.
- Vocal Intonation Therapy (VIT) – The use of vocal training techniques for speech production rehabilitation.
C. Cognitive Training 認知訓練技巧 – Auditory Sensory and Perception Training
- Auditory Perception Training (APT)
- Associative Mood and Memory Training (AMMT)
- Musical Attention Control Training (MACT)
D. Psychosocial Behavioral Training 心理社交行為訓練
Musical Psychosocial Training and Counseling (MPC)
- Selection of songs
- Song leading skills
- Singing and lyric discussion as Emotion Regulating Strategy and channel of self-expression.